Tuesday 29 May 2012

Lessons from Ophelia: Part 1

Her royal highness has also taught me much over the years. Here are some highlights:

Lesson #1: When one's ability to trust another is seriously messed up, you need to be super patient and compassionate. There is light at the end of the tunnel, but it's a long tunnel sometimes.

Lesson #2: Trust your instincts. Ophelia has been right about everyone that has entered my house. From her, I've learned not to second guess my own instincts.

Lesson #3: Protect the ones you love, no matter how small you appear. Before the days of craigslist, I gave away a couch on the buy and sell. Ophelia didn't approve of the guy who came to get it, so she attacked him. I feel compelled to add that it's the only time she has ever done that, but I was really impressed that Ophelia was able to win that battle so courageously (he ran out the door as fats as his legs could carry him). 

Lesson #4: Ask for what you want, rather than expecting others to be psychic. Ophelia doesn't hesitate to meow if she wants food, toothpaste, or a cuddle.

Lesson #5:Question authority if you feel the need. Ophelia regularly attempts to challenge my "pack leader" status. It doesn't get her anything but grief, but you gotta admire her moxie.

Princess O loves to cuddle :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment