Saturday 26 May 2012

Back to the Drawing Board

After yesterday's epic fire escape plan fail, I went to the pet store and bought a carrier bag for Ophelia. A total stranger helped me choose it, and I'm so glad she was there because I wouldn't have had a clue otherwise. She pointed out that the shoulder strap clips needed to be strong to survive a 10 floor descent, so the bag I chose has metal ones instead of plastic. She also said it was important that the bag have a decent frame to prevent it from falling in on Ophelia. That really is a big deal. After all, I want her to be comfortable. Lil and I spent an hour outside yesterday. That would have been a long time for Ophelia to be trapped in a flimsy carrier. I would have preferred a backpack style as opposed to the shoulder bag style, but I think this is more ergonomic for Ophelia because she can lie down in it, and I can carry it quite easily. Now I can rest easier. I sure hope the revised plan works!

No comments:

Post a Comment