Friday 3 August 2012

Daring to hope

Lilith walked quite a bit yesterday, and really seemed to be enjoying herself on the seawall. I'm cautiously optimistic that her new meds are finally kicking in, and silently cursing myself for nicking her quick while I was cutting her nails today. Now I'm hesitant to take her for a walk just in case dirt gets in her owie. If it looks ok, I'll take her out and just clean it carefully when we get back home. I really want to see if yesterday was just a fluke, or if the meds are actually working. Let me just clarify that I'm not viewing this new improvement as a miracle cure. There is no escaping the fact that Lilith is dying. The vet said he thinks she has 3-4 months tops, but I actually think it will be less somehow. I've been observing very carefully to see if I need to step in and help Lilith with the process, but she still seems pretty happy, and her HHHHHMM score is still in the 40s (it's dropped a bit, but not enough to indicate a horribly low quality of life). As long as she's not in pain, I won't interfere with nature.


In other news, Ophelia has developed the cutest new habit ever! She now crawls underneath the covers and tucks herself in for a nap. I haven't talked much about Princess O lately because her sister has been taking up a lot of my attention, but I'm thrilled to announce that Ophelia is fit and fabulous at 14. She's finally adjusted to her new food, is able to hop up on the bed without the stool for the first time in 2 years (viva glucosamine), and her kidney function is back to normal-ish. Yay!
Such cuteness!

No comments:

Post a Comment