Wednesday 8 August 2012

Stick thin senior

I weighed Ophelia today, and was a bit shocked to find that she only weighs 7.6 lbs! I'm not terribly concerned, since I did radically alter her diet due to her kidney disease, and she continues to appear healthy and happy. She eats well, and enjoys treats and toothpaste just as much as she always has, but still, that's quite a drop in weight for a cat who was once put on a diet because she weighed 17 lbs! Her most recent weight at the vet was 12 lbs, so she's dropped about 4.5 over the past 7 months. That's a little much. I might try to supplement her diet with something to help her maintain some meat on her bones. She's too tiny at this weight. Note to self: ask the vet what treats I can give her...

In other news, Lilith is doing very well on her new meds, though the recent change of weather did not go over very well with her (she's not a fan of wind). I always make sure to put her jacket on during cooler walks, so hopefully she'll continue to improve. It does my heart a world of good to see her prance along beside me during our walks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment