Monday 13 August 2012

:-(

Overnight, Lilith's condition has worsened immensely. She passed out during our morning walk, and could barely hold herself upright to pee. It's time. The vet said we had 3-4 months, and I thought we had until the end of August, but the time has come now. In the space of a day, her HHHHHMM score went down to 23. She turned away from her food and hasn't had water since midnight. She's just laying on her bed. I looked into her eyes and asked her if she wanted me to help her die, and her response was pretty obvious. I don't know how I'm going to call the vet to arrange everything, but I have to. Thankfully, I've been mentally preparing for this for quite some time, so after I make the arrangements with the vet, I'm going to send an email to her closest uncles and give them a chance to say good-bye. Then it'll be my turn to say a final good-bye.

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." (Eleanor Roosevelt) 

No comments:

Post a Comment