Monday 2 July 2012

Time is the enemy

I think the end is near. I really do. Over the past week, Lil has begun to decline at an alarming rate, and I think her time to leave me is approaching much faster than I would like it to. 

She's started walking without much coordination, twitches in her sleep, and her appetite has diminished. She still eats, but not as much as she used to, and it takes her about an hour to show some interest in the contents of her food dish. She's less interested in the world during our walks, and has started making snorting noises at night that don't seem too pleasant for her. But on top of all these symptoms, the increased panting is the one that worries me the most. Even with her regular dose of fortekor, she has begun to pant any time that she's not lying down. That can't be comfortable. 

Even Ophelia seems to know something isn't right with her sister. She's been acting really agitated this past week and meowing at all hours. I can no longer avoid the signs. It appears that the time has come for me to face reality and ensure that I do the best I can for my little canine friend.

I feel the need to discuss the current situation with the vet. If it's as bad as I think it is, I need to hear it from someone else (and by that, I mean someone with the expertise and education required to give me an accurate appraisal of my dog's general health). I'm so scared. I've run out of words.  


No comments:

Post a Comment