Sunday 1 April 2012

Enter the Dogger!


·       Lilith could walk up to 10 km until she was 15. I have friends in their 30s that can’t do that! Then she started to slow down, and could only walk for an hour before I noticed I had to start pulling a bit on her harness to nudge her along. Then it became 45 minutes, and then half an hour. I tried taking her on longer walks, but I ended up having to carry her when she got tired. When we were reduced to walking around the block, I realized that I had to do something, so I started looking for a stroller.
  
    I looked online and in pet stores before finally deciding on the Dogger. It is so intelligently designed! It can go on any terrain, and has such great shocks that Lil doesn’t feel a thing, even when we go over gravel. The clips attach right to her harness to help keep her secure in the basket, and it's comfortable to push because of the adjustable handle. Oh, and you can buy an orthopaedic pad for the basket for added comfort, too! Lil loves hers, and it’s totally washable. The dogger has way more great features, which you can check out at dogquality.com...my favourite website for senior dog care. I was hesitant to get the dogger at first because of the cost, but the adventures Lilith and I have had with it have been priceless. It's worth every penny.
Cruising Lost Lagoon


    The dogger has given us back our quality of life. I say "us" because I love going on long walks, and it's more fun to do so with my little buddy. She walks when she can, and rides when she needs to. Today, we walked for an hour and 45 minutes. She walked about 40% of that time, going in and out of the buggy as necessary. It was fabulous! (During the work week, cut those numbers in half). For a senior dog, that's pretty good, I think. The dogger has also allowed Lil to stay active while happily exploring different places. In summary, I would just like to say that I think this stroller is perfect, and I think more people should get one for their senior dogs.
Smelling the flowers :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment