Thursday 29 March 2012

Must love dogs...and cats :-)


·         I have recently moved into a pet friendly building, a veritable haven of fur and feathers! I'm still in shock at how quickly I found this apartment, considering how challenging it can be to move when you have pets. 

    Here's the story:  
    One morning in February, I woke up, took Lil out to pee, and opened the silverware drawer to get a knife so I could cut up some fruit for breakfast. I quickly lost my appetite when I saw what was in the drawer though. It was mouse pooh, and it was gross. I am soooooo not a fan of rodents. Ophelia has always preferred tofu to meat products, but she protected me against the rodent invasion quite effectively, if you know what I mean. Still, the situation was not palatable to me, so I made the decision to move. I consulted the Oracle of Craigslist, and clicked on the boxes that said “dog” and “cat”. Suddenly, a gazillion listings became 5, 3 of which were obvious scams. I called the first of the two remaining numbers immediately and went to go look at it. I wasn’t that impressed though, so I called the second number and went to see what is now my apartment. I loved the building instantly. How could I not? It’s blatantly pet friendly, and you can meet a dog or two on any given elevator ride. It’s great! 

During the tour, they didn’t show me the doggie spa though. I found that one just the other day, and was pleasantly surprised. There’s a grooming table and a wash basin, and even a blow dryer, and it’s conveniently located next to the courtyard, where dogs are encouraged to romp around happily. All this AND we live right by the seawall! Jackpot!!! I may not ever use the doggie spa facilities simply because I groom princess O on the throne, and Lil on my lap, but it makes me feel good to know that pets are valued and respected here.

I never understood why so many landlords refuse to allow pets, but I grew up sharing my bed with a dog, so I guess I’m biased. I’m so glad I found this place. The girls and I are happy to live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment