Saturday 10 November 2012

Indoor potties

I don't have many regrets in life, but I am dedicating today's post to one. I wish I had known about indoor dog potties when Lilith was alive. I have two for Leo: one for home and one for work, and he uses them quite successfully (though like all little boys, his aim leaves a bit to be desired from time to time). I got them from ebay for about $25 each because I don't have a private back yard right outside my kitchen door, and with a new puppy, waiting for the elevator and descending ten floors isn't exactly a good plan, especially right after they've eaten. I really wish I had discovered them when I had a senior dog who had trouble holding it while waiting for the elevator. How could I have missed such a cool invention? Next time, I'll be ready. For now, I can only spread the word. 

They're really easy to use. I trained Leo to use them by putting some shavings from his box at the breeder's under the grill. Clean up is a breeze. You just spray them down in the shower! They come with pee pads, but Leo tried to eat them. Besides, hosing them down is just as easy. 

So there you have it, people. Plastic gold. How much grief this would have spared Lilith, and how much sleep and carpet cleaning this would have spared me! Sigh.

Here is the link where I found mine:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dog-Toilet-Color-green-40cm-50cm-UGODOG-INDOOR-DOG-POTTY-TOILET-puppy-training-/130620092330?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e69906faa

Those of you with big dogs can try the ugodog, which is basically the same thing, but you can snap two together. http://www.ugodog.net/#

Here's Leo in his playpen at work using his potty as a bed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment